Copy of the circular dt. 20-07-11 of ITEF,Newdelhi is forwarded for information . This may circulated among members.
INCOMETAX EMPLOYEES FEDERATION
New Delhi110 027
Circular No.6/2011 20th July, , 2011
Quarterly formal Meeting with the Chairman, CBDT.
The quarterly formal meeting with the Chairman, CBDT was held today As demanded by the ITEF, the first agenda for discussion was the review of the implementation of the decisions taken at the last meeting held on 19.4.2011. We give hereunder the outcome of the discussions.
1. Equal distribution of workload. Orders have been issued on 15.07.2011.
2. Mobile Hand set and silver coins as gift on the occasion of the 150th anniversary. The Department of Expenditure has not agreed to the proposal of the Board to provide silver coins to all employees and officers on the occasion of the 150th anniversary. The issue of providing mobile set is being taken up with the Department of Expenditure.
3. Advance increment on passing the Departmental Examination for Sr. T.As and Stenographer. II. The DI(HRD) has prepared a detailed note for submission to the Department of Expenditure in the matter. The Note would be subjected to discussion with the ITEF representatives on 21st and on reaching agreement would be placed for the consideration of the Department of Expenditure.
4. Allocation of funds for Medical/TA/Conveyance: It was stated that Rs. 22 crores have been allotted to different charges for meeting the medical bills. As per the information with the Director (Budget), only 20% of it has been spent so far. If any charge faces insufficiency of funds, they may take up the matter with the Board for immediate sanction. In respect of TA also, it was stated that sufficient funds have been allotted. If any charge is experiencing shortage in the matter, the same may be brought to the notice of the Director (Budget) for sanction of additional allocation. The representatives were informed by the official side that in some charges the funds allocated for the purpose of conveyance (Notice servers and Inspectors) are not being utilized at all. The concerned Circle Secretaries are requested to take up the matter with the Chief Commissioners and ensure that the impediments in the sanction of Conveyance allowance i.e. reimbursement of Petrol/diesel charges are removed.
5. Regional Recruitment of Lower Staff. While the erstwhile Group D posts ( which have now been converted as Group C (MTS) would continue on the regional basis, the filling up of posts of Tax Assistants and above would not be possible to be done on regional basis in view of the Supreme Court orders. However, the SSC has agreed to indicate the number of vacancies charge wise while inserting advertisement.
6. Departmental Examination to be conducted in June/July every year. From next examination onwards, these examinations would be conducted in June,/July every year. The time table for this years examination has already been issued in consultation with the representatives of the ITEF. The provision of calculators at the Examination hall which had been prohibited by an earlier order of the Directorate had been taken up by the ITEF and the same has been rescinded.
7. LPC to follow transfer guideline. Orders have been issued.
8. The personnel on promotion as OS. Having no financial benefit would not be transferred out of station.
9. Restoration of Special pay. The issue is being taken up with the Department of Expenditure and Personnel.
10. Cadre Restructuring. The Board has replied to the queries raised by the Department of Personnel and the issues are being discussed with the Department of Personnel. The Chairman has agreed to call on the Secretary, Personnel to expedite the matter.
11. Cadre composition. The matter will be settled before the issuance of orders on account of cadre restructuring.
12. Fixation of pay in the case of Inspectors on up-gradation of pay scale. The Chairman has asked the DI(HRD)_ to issue the requisite clarification immediately.
13. The Chairman has agreed to issue necessary instruction to the Chief Commissioners to effect promotion on adhoc basis to the grade of Income tax officers, wherever the matter is pending in the Tribunals.
14. The Member (P) has been entrusted to look into and resolve the issue brought to the notice by the ITEF representatives of the problem faced by the employees and officers of Orissa Charge on account of the attitude of the Chief Commissioners.
15. The Chairman has directed all concerned in the Board to endorse the copies of the orders issued by them to the field formation to the ITEF.
150th year celebration.
We invite your reference to the Circular No.5 of the Federation dated 12.07.2011 on the above subject in which we had conveyed the decision of the Sectt.. The Sectt. had to take the decision of boycotting the functions in the light of the negative attitude of many Chief Commissioners in eliciting the participation of the employees. The Chairman has now written to all the Chief Commissioners to ensure that a feeling of oneness amongst all section of the employees by eliciting the participation of staff members and their representatives in these functions is created. Copy of his letter is reproduced. We have also been informed by many circles that the respective CCITs have invited our representatives to participate in the Committee set up for this purpose. In view of this development the following decisions are taken.
(a) Wherever the CCITs have elicited our co-operation in the decision making process onwards, we must participate in the function.
(b) Where the CCITs have merely extended an invitation, the circle Executive Committee must meet and take appropriate decision.
(c) Where the CCITs have neither included our representatives in the committee and nor extended the invitation, the functions must be boycotted.
We have been informed by the Orissa circle General Secretary that the CCIT has ignored the ITEF and ITGOA while deciding upon the function. The CCIT Orissa is reported to have been taking an anti-employee stand in all matters leading to various agitations in the last six month. They have therefore decided not only to boycott the function of the Administration but also to organise a parallel function under the auspices of theJCA Orissa Circle. We fully endorse this decision.Com. President and Secretary General of ITEF have decided to participate in the function organized by the Orissa State JCA
Ashok B. Salunkhe.